Phone: +49 7531 88-3193
Room: F 537
Office hours: by appointment
- Migration and Integration
- Welfare State Studies
- Methods of Empirical Social Research
Degen, Daniel, Theresa Kuhn, and Wouter van der Brug (2018). Granting immigrants access to social benefits? How self-interest influences support for welfare state restrictiveness. Journal of European Social Policy: Online First. DOI
Degen, Daniel (2018) "Contribution and Redistribution. Immigrants' attitudes torwards taxation and welfare in Germany". NORFACE Welfare State Futures Programme Final Conference,
Panel: Migrants' Knowledge and Attitudes on Welfare State Provisions,
European University Institute.
Florence: May 24, 2018 - May 25, 2018
Degen, Daniel (2017) "Fair Support for Asylum Seekers in Germany Determining Perceived Financial Deservingness using a Survey Experiment". Demographic change, migration and integration. interdisciplinary perspectives, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena.
Jena: Sept. 13, 2017 - Sept. 14, 2017
Degen, Daniel (2016) "Should immigrants have access to social benefits? Comparing attitudes of natives and immigrants in the European Social Survey". Paper presented at the General Conference of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) in Prague (Panel: Public Attitudes Towards Immigration; Section: Responses to International Migration in Contemporary Europe), 2016-09-10 (Download presentation here)
Degen, Daniel (2016) "Migrants’ Attitudes towards Welfare State Access". Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the European Political Science Association (EPSA) in Brussels (Panel: Attitudes of and towards Immigrants), 2016-06-24 (Download presentation here)
Migrants' Welfare State Attitudes (MIFARE) (Researcher 2015-2018)
Current Immigration of European Migrants and Refugees to Germany: Migration Processes and Early Integration Trajectories (ENTRA) (Researcher 2017–2020)
- Since June 2015
- Research Associate at the Department of Microsociology, University of Konstanz
- M.A. in Sociology at the University of Konstanz
- Student Assistant (Introduction to Scientific Work, Quantitative Methods, Statistics I) at the University of Konstanz in the working groups of Prof. Dr. Thomas Hinz, Prof. Dr. Claudia Diehl, Dr. Thorsten Berndt, PD Dr. Hanno Scholtz and Dr. Kilian Seng.
- B.A. in Sociology (main subject) and Philosophy (secondary subject) at the University of Konstanz